I recently joined Paul Clark from SAP in a thought leadership podcast to discuss the topics of Business Intelligence (BI), Enterprise Performance Management (EPM), and Social Analytics for Mid-market companies.
In the podcast, we discuss the various aspects and uses of Enterprise Performance Management (EPM), Business Intelligence (BI), and Social Analytical tools within the dynamics of a mid-market business. We talk about how the proper use of EPM and BI tools and software by companies in the mid-market can achieve a higher level of corporate consistency and efficiency in performance management.
Our conversation also turned to a newer area of business intelligence–Social Analytics. Social Analytics tools monitor and analyze market and brand sentiment and the return on social engagement with consumers. They can help mid-market companies monitor and engage with customers in the areas of support, sales and ongoing relationship development.
We offer some final advice on the “first steps” towards achieving an improved level of performance management within the mid-market corporation.
I hope you enjoy the podcast!
Podcast Segments and Timeline:
00:00 – 01:10: Introductions and backgrounds
01:10 – 16:50: Enterprise Performance Management and Business Intelligence. Here’s what we covered:
- Defining Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) and Business Intelligence (BI) and the role it can play in helping mid-market(*) companies and where
- The rate of adoption of performance management practices and business intelligence in mid-market organizations
- Key issues facing mid-market leadership teams when it comes to enterprise wide performance management practices
- Some guidance for mid-market company leaders with respect to improving corporate performance and long-term success
- What results are mid-market companies seeing from EPM and Business Intelligence solutions?
16:50 – 30:00: Social Analytics. What we covered:
- Defining Social Analytics and the role it can play in helping mid-market companies and where
- Whether mid-market companies are becoming interested in monitoring social networks and social media. If so, what they plan to do with this information and insight
- Whether the data from social networks is an opportunity for mid-market companies
- Final advice for CFO’s first steps to improve corporate performance management.
Thanks to Paul Clark and Chris Herbert (discussion moderator) for participating in this conversation. Below are their bios.
Paul Clark is responsible for the messaging and deliverables that describe the business analytics solutions from SAP, from business intelligence and enterprise information management to enterprise performance management and governance, risk, and compliance. Paul has over 20 years’ experience in marketing, specializing in product and solution marketing. He holds a BSc from the University of Bristol, UK and a Management DESS from the Université de Savoie, France.
Chris Herbert is the manager of the CFO Intellectual Exchange Network which brings thought leaders together to share experiences and engage in conversations around the office of finance and the role technology is playing to improve business performance, compliance and overall success.