2017 has the potential to bring unprecedented changes to the technology landscape for SMBs. In most years, the top tech trends tend to develop in an evolutionary way, but this year we also will see some more dramatic shifts that SMBs need to put on their radar. Areas such as cloud and mobile continue to evolve in important ways, and they are also paving the way for newer trends in areas including artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning, integration and the Internet of Things (IoT) to take hold among SMBs.
Although we can’t cover all of them in our Top 10 list, here are the headlines for SMB Group’s 2017 Top 10 SMB Tech Trends that we think hold the most promise for SMBs in 2017. Click here for the full report.
- The Cloud Continues to Power SMB Digital Transformation.
- Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) moves from hype to reality for early adopter SMBs.
- The Rise of Smart Apps for SMBs.
- Focused, Tailored CRM Solutions Take Hold With SMBs.
- SMBs Get Connected With New Collaboration Tools.
- SMBs Modernize On-premises IT with Hyper-converged Infrastructure.
- Application Integration Gets Easier for Small Businesses.
- SMB Mobile Momentum Continues, But Mobile Management Lags.
- Online Financing Options for Small Businesses Multiply.
- Proactive SMBs Turn to MSSPs and Cyber Insurance to Face Security Challenges.