Peak event time for technology industry analysts is in full swing, and I’m zig-zagging back and forth across the U.S. this spring. So I was excited to hear about and participate in the inaugural National Business Traveler Day (NBTD) on April 24, 2018 (click here to learn more). The day is designed to bring attention to and celebrate the significant contribution that road warriors make to our economy.
My friends that don’t travel for business think my business trips are exciting. But that’s not typically the case. While I’m often in great locations, I rarely have time to see the sights. I usually have to fight traffic to get to the airport, work on the plane, and deal with flight delays and cancellations. And all too often, I lose a phone charger!
However, I have a few favorite things that definitely make my business trips more enjoyable and less stressful. Here they are—in no particular order:
- The Calm app for meditation and sleep stories. The meditations help me relax on the flight, and the sleep stories work so well in helping me fall asleep in hotels that I don’t know how any of them end!
- Single use facial masks. Perfect for perking up my complexion after a 6-hour flight to the west coast!
- Sneakers: Getting up early to workout, run or walk gets my day off to a great start—and helps compensate for any overeating!
- A bathing suit. If I have time, getting in the pool or hot tub for 15 minutes soaks away tension.
- Ziploc bags. These come in handy for toiletries, anything that could leak, to pack items separately, and as waterproof storage. I always bring a couple of extra in both the quart and gallon sizes in case I need them.
- Wet wipes. I don’t think the airlines clean tray table after each flight. So, I use wet wipes to clean them. When the people sitting near me see me doing this, they want to clean their tray tables too—and I’m happy to share.
- Dreams of winning NBTD’s The Business Traveler Dream Sweepstakes. Who wouldn’t want to win the Grand Prize—a “Free First-Class Upgrades For 20 Years” ($5,000 a year for 20 years to cover the cost of domestic upgrades)? Other prizes include a “Free First-Class Upgrades for a Year” and two roundtrip International Business Class tickets from United Airlines. You can find all of the prizes and partner brands here.
So, what are you waiting for? Enter by 5/5/18 deadline for a chance to make your business travel dreams come true. (Eligibility/Odds/Rules at http://bit.ly/2ujIwHv).